Rather than moving to another location after retirement, many seniors are choosing to age-in-place. This might entail making some home modifications, acquiring home care services, or making more use of technology. But staying at home is possible for a large percentage of older ones. Here are 5 cities that are great for aging-in-place.
- Prescott, Arizona. Contrary to popular belief, not every crevice of Arizona is blazing hot during the summer. This beautiful town has much cooler summers than the Southern areas of the state. Housing is quite affordable, and good health care is easily accessible.
- Venice, Florida. Just like its namesake in Italy, this beautiful town has breathtaking architecture, boating opportunities, arts and entertainment, and more. The traffic is minimal and city life is available nearby if you want to venture out.
- Beaufort, South Carolina. Golfing and fishing can be enjoyed almost the entire year. And, unlike many places seniors tend to move to, there is a nice population of families to interact with if you prefer a mixture of age groups.
- Abilene, Texas. Year-round warm weather, a low crime rate, and a desirably low cost-of-living are just a few reasons Abilene is a prime location for seniors.
- Boise, Idaho. Active seniors can find plenty to do outdoors in Boise. Add to that the shopping, dining, cultural activities, and low crime rate, and you have a great place for older ones to call home.
The city you presently live in might be a wonderful place to remain after retirement. So do some research before you pack up and move. You might find that you, like many other seniors, can age-in-place.
Caring Senior Service has the experience, compassion, and training necessary for comprehensive home care, and we also offer a wide range of home care services that are all designed to make life easier for seniors and their families. To learn more about the services we provide, contact us today!