Vinegar is a common ingredient found in homes, but many people do not know the various flexible uses of vinegar! These uses cover a broad range, from cleaning to gardening and even helping symptoms of different bodily conditions.
There is a variety of ways to use vinegar to help with your body, it seems impossible to list them all. Listed here are seven common bodily ailments and some ways to use vinegar to help, ease, or even stop the symptoms:
- To help soothe a sore throat, mix one teaspoon vinegar with eight ounces of water and gargle.
- To ease a backache or sore muscles, simply soak in a bathtub of hot water and two cups of vinegar for thirty minutes.
- To stop a nosebleed, soak sterile cotton strips in vinegar and gently insert into the nostril.
- To soothe aching feet, massage a tablespoon of cider vinegar into them.
- To prevent indigestion, mix two teaspoons of vinegar and half a teaspoon of green tea and fill with boiling water in a small ceramic teapot. Allow the liquid to steep for five minutes and drink.
- To help soothe eczema, place vinegar directly on the affected area or pour a tablespoon or two of cider vinegar in a bath.
- To ease the symptoms of shingles, apply vinegar directly to the sores. If you find them to be too sensitive, dilute the vinegar with water and apply it three to four times a day.
Vinegar may help with some of these conditions, but it is not always a solution. Please seek medical advice if you have not already.
At Caring Senior Service, our expert staff is comprised of extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and trusted professionals who take pride in helping your loved one manage their daily activities. Contact us today to learn more!